If the HIPPY lessons have made your child excited about learning, here are some additional websites with tons of activities and information to continue to engage your child’s curious mind.
Reading and Literacy
- PBS Parents-Reading and Language
- PBS Kids Learn
- Sesame Street: Early Reading
- Sesame Street: Exploring the Alphabet
- Sesame Street: Words, Words, Words
- Sesame Street: Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day
- Center for Effective Parenting: Helping Young Children Learn to Read
- Education.com: The Parent’s Guide to Preschool Reading
- Reading is Fundamental: Tips and Resources (Birth-3rd Grade)
- Starfall-Interactive Reading Activities for All Age Levels
- Too Small to Fail: Communicating with your child
- Education.com: Math
- A wide variety of printable worksheets and activity ideas in all areas of math.
- Sesame Street Math is Everywhere
- Great videos. The Parent Guide is fantastic, lots of terrific everyday math activities.
- PBS Teacher Source and PBS Kids
- Resources for teachers, kids, and parents, connected to your child’s favorite PBS shows.
- At this site, your child can play math games that practice math skills right at the computer. For elementary children.
- Family FUNdamentals (Michigan.gov)
- This document contains a wealth of information about early childhood math skills and offers some terrific, easy, fun math lessons for parents or teachers.
- TVO Kids-Learning Games for Kids Ages 2-5
- Picadome Elementary School- Simple Kindergarten Math Games/Activities
- PBS Parents-Math
- Everyday math activities and milestones
- Tons of preschool activities and worksheets on a wide range of science topics.
- Science for Preschoolers
- Great website devoted to early science learning.
- Sesame Street: Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM)
- Sesame Street’s Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) toolkit provides detailed experiments and activities to help build your child’s science and math skills. Great videos too!
- PBS-Preschool Science
- PBS has great ideas for science activities for kids as well as tips for parents, links to games, etc.
- Teach Preschool Science
- Tons of science activities for preschoolers in all areas from Physical Science to Earth Science.
- Toddler Activities at Home-Science
- Great at-home activities in a wide array of preschool science areas.
- Peep and the Big Wide World
- Terrific family activities that help children appreciate and learn more about their world.
- Funology-Science Experiments
- Great science experiments that require little to no equipment. Fun for all ages!
- Gross Motor Milestones
- Code Name Mama: 23 Gross Motor Games
- Parent Teach Play: 80 Indoor and Outdoor Gross Motor Activities
- Preschool 4 All: Gross Motor Activities
- Livestrong: Importance of Gross Motor Development
- Fine Motor Milestones (birth-6 years)
- Discover Explore Learn: 30 Fine Motor Activities
- Discover Explore Learn: The Importance of Fine Motor Development
- Education.com: Fine Motor Development Activities
General Education Resources:
- National Center for Families Learning: Resources for helping families develop healthy habits, use technology safely, incorporate learning into daily routines, and more.
- Hands On As We Grow: This blog has resources for active toddlers and preschoolers that cover everything from motor skills to math to music, and more.
- Buggy and Buddy: Here you will find crafts and learning activities for children that foster creativity, learning and fun!
- Coffee Cups and Crayons: This blog contains a wide array of learning activities that focus on developing academic skills as well creativity and social-emotional skills.